News and Events
AIA Philadelphia Third Annual Housing Forum
AIA Philadelphia Housing Committee and the Historic Preservation Committee present:
Contemporary Living in a Historic Environment
Challenges and Opportunities Facing Housing in Philadelphia
Please plan to join the AIA Housing Committee, along with the AIA's Historic Preservation Committee, for the Third Annual Housing Forum, Contemporary Living in a Historic Environment: Challenges and Opportunities Facing Housing in Philadelphia. This forum will investigate the challenges and opportunities of rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of historic properties to residential use.
Paul Steinke, Executive Director of the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia, will moderate our discussion. Joining Paul will be:
- David Waxman, Developer, MMPartners, LLC
- Robert Thomas, Architect, Campbell Thomas & Co.
- Brad Copeland, Executive Director, Mt. Airy USA
Topics to be covered include:
- Rehabilitation of Abandoned Structures
- Steps to Transformation
- Historic Tax Credits & Facade Easements
- Aging Envelopes
- Vision for the Future
The event will be followed by a reception and continued discussion.
AIA members will receive 1.5 AIA CES LUs (HSW) Continuing Education Credits.
Evening Schedule ()
Registration & Light Refreshments
Presentations & Panel Discussion
Please register HERE.
Visit us and connect!
- Blank Rome LLP
- Capozzi Real Estate/Insurance, Ltd.
- Custom Fiberglass Installations
- D3 Development, LLC
- Equinox Management and Construction, LLC
- Klehr Harrison Harvey Branzburg LLP
- MaGrann Associates
- Philadelphia Gas Works
- Philadelphia Magazine
- Reed Street Builders
- Rodriguez Consulting, LLC
- Steamfitters Local Union 420
- Tague Lumber
- US Construction, Inc.
To learn how your company can become an annual sponsor, call 215.BIA.PHIL