At Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia (“HFHP”), we are builders who work alongside, not for others. We are driven by accountability and defined by our stick-to-itiveness. The Construction Superintendent manages the construction and/or rehabilitation of HFHP houses in accordance with applicable building codes, manages construction crew on-site and is responsible for processes and personnel in a way that utilizes volunteer and staff labor, subcontractors, donated and purchased materials, and produces quality homes in partnership with low-income families in a safe and affordable manner.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of construction on HFHP build sites, Develop and implementing a construction schedule in coordination with Site Supervisors and the Director of Construction
- Train and supervise Construction Team staff, AmeriCorps members, and on-site volunteers in construction practices, safety, and adherence to Habitat’s guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for on-site safety programs, ensuring that worksite and all workers on site meet regulatory safety requirements at all times
- Strong carpentry skills are necessary; there will be up to 50% hands on framing, siding, trim, etc.
- Maintain a good relationship with all staff, homeowners, vendors, volunteers and others, presenting a friendly persona and representing HFHP in a positive manner.
Click here to download the full job description and qualifications.